Re: Constraints for VRML

Park SungWoo (gladius@compiler.kaist.ac.kr)
Thu, 28 Aug 1997 22:53:19 +0900 (KST)

As Stephan Diehl wrote:

> I have written a paper on constraints for VRML.
>
> http://www.rw.cdl.uni-saarland.de/private/diehl/ooevrml/vrmlconstr.ps

Congratulations on your work !!!
I think we were all working toward the
success of this working group although the mail list has few discussions
recently.

> The constraints have been designed without
> any other extensions of VRML. In a proposal
> of the OOE-WG constraints, classes and
> a type system should be covered.

I will refer to your work on the constraints. You may get some
help on the type system from my current work.
My work is found at the following address:

http://compiler.kaist.ac.kr/~gladius/oovrml/proposal.pdf
or
http://compiler.kaist.ac.kr/~gladius/oovrml/proposal.ps

I think the first draft of my work will be finished at the beginning of the
next week. (But I am not sure... Sorry)
The remaining topics that should be added to my work is as follows:

- Classes
- core attributes
- predefined classes (or system class hierarchy)
- Interface
- introduction
- grammar
- Instancing
- introduction
- SINGLE and MULTIPLE objects
- semantics of eventOuts
- environments of instances
- Events
- introduction
- event handlers and constraints
- File sturcture
- Appendix (completer grammar for OO-VRML)

Since I am designing a new language, I've named the language OO-VRML just
for convenience. OOE-VRML may be a better choice.

Next week, the fall semester begins. :(

Thank you very much.

Sungwoo Park.

--