Re: Implementation

John D. Gwinner (gwinner@northnet.org)
Tue, 27 May 1997 08:23:54 -0400

Stephan:

A difficult dilemma.

Maybe one solution would be to build two levels; one which can be done on
regular browsers, with Java and a pre-processor; and a second level, which
has to be done with a custom browser.

This could be a good way to test implementation and feasibility.
Eventually, of course, the desire would be to migrate all browsers to level
II.

In any event, even with VRML 2.0, there is a tremendous amount of 'best
viewed with' stuff, so one more would matter!

== John ==

P.S. There is a possibility that I may be able to offer a Native browser
that offers your extensions as well. Right now, my software is still just
parsing 1.0; but I may move to 2.0 eventually.