Re: Single Inheritance with Interfaces

Johannes N. Johannsen (jojo@well.com)
Thu, 17 Apr 1997 17:31:23 +1200

Park SungWoo wrote:

> 2)
> I think the event handler is much more related with Script nodes in
> VRML 2.0 than ROUTES. My point in the previous mail was that
> event handler strategy and 'Script node approach' cannot co-exist.
> (Sorry for my inaccurate expression of my idea)

What is the event handler strategy? Is it simply a way to attach code
to an incoming event for an object? This seems like a reasonable
approach.

ROUTEs are really the same thing, except they only attach one kind of
code (ROUTE).

But if you associate code for events with the objects that receive them,
maybe there is no need to use Script nodes -- is that what you are
saying?

The only possible exceptions to this might be objects that manage events
only. Say an object that takes events from two different objects and
turns them into one eventOut -- wouldn't that have to be a Script?

JJ