Re: Charter

Stephan Diehl (diehl@cs.uni-sb.de)
Wed, 09 Apr 1997 11:38:39 +0200

John D. Gwinner wrote:
> The next step for a browser writer would be to interpret the
> entire file directly, as C++ compilers do now in your example.
> To this aim, I think someone from the working group should also be on the
> binary working group, so that it would be possible to have a small, compact
> file format.

I agree, that having someone involved in both working groups
would be helpful. But at the moment a preprocessor to be
designed in our WG should produce VRML 2.0 code and not
the binary format. Using the binary format we would stand
on moving ground. Is there someone involved in both WGs
and willing to function as a mediator.

-- Stephan

Dr. Stephan Diehl Tel.: ++49-681/302-3915
EMAIL: diehl@cs.uni-sb.de WWW: http://www.rw.cdl.uni-saarland.de/private/diehl
There is no place like $HOME